RCOs are able to hold food sales or to give food away to the public provided they do the following.

Food Sales and/or Food Giveaways

If food is being sold OR given out to the public, it must be approved through the UCLA Office of Environmental Health and Safety (EHS).  The permits needed to be filled out can be obtained from the SOLE office in 105 Kerckhoff Hall.

RCOs are able to meet with the Health and Safety Officer for approval at the SOLE Office every Thursday between 2-4pm.

Food sales are held by the bear.

General Procedures (Bruin Plaza):

1. Book the space through SOLE. Be sure to obtain the EOL number and a venue diagram so the students can indicate the setup of tables/grills/canopies/equipment etc. on the diagram.
2. Contact AFM Steve Jurado or DFM Chris Lutton at least 10 working days before the event for review of a Temporary Use Fire Permit. This will need to be done for all events, regardless of a heat source/cooking, as most events occupy fire lanes.
3. Fill out an application for a Temporary Food Facility and have their SOLE advisor sign it.
4. Contact me for an appointment for review and approval of the food permit at least 5 working days before the event. If office hours are available, they are encouraged to attend those.


Using a heat source or Electrical equipment?

Layout and heating devices must be approved by Steve Jurado, Fire Marshall, (310-825-8674) at least ten (10) working days before the scheduled event.


Speak with you SOLE advisor when planning events in Bruin Plaza.

Event Calendar

« April June »
May 2018

Our Links